From: Alan Lloyd <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 22:28:47 -0500

>>> Ace Miles <[email-masked]> 01/10/96 07:18pm >>>
At 03:16 AM 1/10/96 -0500, you wrote:

>What about VITC time code? 
>anybody have any solutions to this (either price/source or schematic)?
>

>===============================================
> Brian Dady --* Video Magic / modeller    ///

>You could always stripe the tape with SMPTE. Sunrize sold a small,
>separate package called SMPTE Out, which basically was a software
>SMPTE generator.

-Ace

If he does, using SVHS, he'll have to give up an audio channel.  Not a
problem with an MOS animation, but if it's a field tape, that could be the
start of something bad.  Also, I know from experience that even a _tiny_
head misalignment will cause time code bleed (crosstalk) and if any of you
have never heard SMPTE, you're lucky...it's one of the most annoying
sounds on earth!

Brian, try to get ahold of a deck you can control that uses VITC.